Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Paris, France

    June 3, 2012 in France ⋅ ☁️ 59 °F

    Today we woke up later than we planned. We had breakfast of cafe and croissant near the hotel, then went to the catacombs, where the line was already way too long! Instead we went to the Rodin Museum and wandered through the gardens there. We made our way to Notre Dame and saw the inside lines long but moved fast.

    At 2PM we met our tour guide for a Sight Seekers Delight, "Paris along the Seine" tour, basically an intro to Paris 4-hour tour. The tour was fantastic and so was our guide, Maranda. We met two New Yorkers our age, Justin and Miranda. Lunch at Q&Co. with the tour group.

    After the tour we walked over to Eiffel Tower. Lines for the elevator were so long so we took the stairs for 10.50euro each. The 670 steps took us about 40 minutes including rest stops. Very nice views from up top! Once on the ground, we decided on a picnic on the Champs du Mars, which was donor kebab and panini. We saw the Eiffel Tower lit up and the light show at 10PM, then came back to the hotel.

    -Sherilyn

    Myron's notes "Things to Remember"
    -green water fountains have potable water, bring water bottles on walking tour
    -Eiffel Tower at 6:30PM, lines really short
    -small "to-go" restaurant by Ecole-Military had cheap food and drinks.

    Things we saw on the tour:
    -Shakespeare & CO. bookstore, Notre Dame, Ste Michael (fountain), little alley with greek restaurants, Pont Neuf / Locks Love Bridge, Eva Longoria Church, Lourve, roseline, Opera House, Tulieries Gardens, Champs d'elysees, obelisk, Les Invalides
    Read more