Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Paris, France

    June 4, 2012 in France ⋅ ⛅ 59 °F

    Woke up around 9, after getting ready we headed over to Montmartre for a free walking tour with Bruno of Discover Walks. While waiting for the tour we grabbed a coffee and croissant from a cafe across the street. The tour started at 11 and went to roughly 1 PM.

    We started out meandering up the hill to the Sacre Couer Church. Montmatre is (the impression I got) an artsy/yuppy area with many local artists through the sites history. Bruno showed us sites that were inspiration to some of the more famous artisits/works from the era. I cannot remember the specifics. The tour itself was rather dull for my tastes but Bruno was interesting and told some rather interesting stories.

    After the tour we wandered down the hill, bought a piece of art, some Hard Rock souveniers. We had lunch at Zephyr Cafe. S had duck confit, fries and haricot verts. M had steak with bernaise, fries and haricot verts.

    After lunch we went to Ile de Cite and made our way to Saint Chappelle. On our way we stopped at a highly recommended ice cream place, Berthillon. Very good ice-cream.

    Saint Chappelle (9 euro) was small but had quite beautiful and detailed stained glass that told the story of the bible from creation to the resurrection.

    After we returned prizes to the hotel, went on the Seine river cruise (discounted because of the earlier tour. It was nice for the described price).

    Had dinner at a Thai restaurant by Saint Micheal (average Thai). S got a Prawn soup and chicken fried rice. M got coconut chicken soup and penang curry. Food was good and filling but not exceptional.

    Walked back to subway and to hotel.

    -Myron
    Read more