Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    London

    March 5, 2016 in England ⋅ 🌧 39 °F

    Woke up around 7am and got ready. Went to Waitrose grocery nearby in Bloomsbury. Took about an hour to buy things for breakfast and lunches for the week. We put groceries away and got ready for the day. Breakfast: toasted crumpets w/jam & yogurt. Lunch: PB&J (S), Ham & cheese w/mustard (M) w/grapes, doritos and oreos.

    We visited the Alice in Wonderland exhibit at the British Library first. Then spent about an hour at Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross for photos. Wandered around and then headed over to the British Museum. The tour I wanted to do was sold out so we decided to just eat lunch in their cafeteria (got yelled at for eating outside food) and bought a small guide book. The museum was huge but very interesting and comprehensive. I was sore and tired from all the walking. We took a mid-afternoon break at 3pm for tea and scones which were delicious. We finished the museum and took a bus back to the apartment. Myron took a short nap.

    Dinner at North Sea Fish & Chips near hotel. Food was very good but service was slow and disorganized. Fish was very fresh and location was <5min from our apartment.

    Bed around 10pm.
    Read more