Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    London

    March 7, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 43 °F

    Woke up and had breakfast in apt. Lazy morning. We made our way to the London Eye to squeeze that in but then decided against it so we wouldn't be rushing. We made our way to Tralfager Square to see the National Gallery for a free tour. The tour took from 11:30 to 12:30 and took us around the building to random (in my eyes) paintings where we were given the history and background at each piece as well as some comments on how to "read" the painting.

    The tour was interesting, very large group. After the tour we walked north to have lunch. We stopped into a Burger King and bought a drink and small fries so we wouldn't feel bad using their space. Had our sandwiches in a back corner! We then ventured to Covent Gardens to meet up with Billy for Sandman's walking tour at 2pm.

    Tour started at Covent Garden to Tralfagar Square. Down the mile to Buckingham Palace stopping at St. James Palace. From there we walked through the St. James park, back toward the way we came to Churchill War Rooms, from there a short walk to Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament. Billy our guide was very funny and informative. From there we walked to a pub (Slug and Lettuce) and had some snacks and tea to get warm again. We then headed back to the London Eye. Good views but overpriced and the line for tickets was long but the line to get in was short. If we didn't have the 2for1 offer, we wouldn't have done this for the cost.

    After that we had dinner at Punjab which had really good curry. Back to apartment.
    Read more