Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    London

    March 9, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 46 °F

    Slept a bit later than intended. Barely made it to St. Pauls Cathedral in time to get the guided tour at 10am. Tour was ~2hr and only 5 people on it, though some of them were pretty annoying. It was very interesting and took us through the Cathedral floor and crypt. Afterwards we climbed into the dome, Myron went up all the way and Sherilyn went up to the second climbing level. We left St. Pauls' around 12:30pm.

    Train to Borough Market where we bought a delicious lunch and dessert (S - crab tortellini and chocolate ice-cream, M - venison burger and almond macaroon). We also got some souvenirs (spices) and gifts for family and friends. At 2:00 we walked over to Shakespeare's Globe for a production of "The Winter's Tale". A great play and use of the afternoon in an intimate unique setting. There was only lighting by candlelight and the acting was very good. The fact that we were not familiar with the play meant that we had to play close attention. The show lasted around 3hr including a short intermission. The seats were pretty uncomfortable and there wasn't much room to move around.

    After a short walk to the tube, we went to dinner at Patty & Bun a small burger joint. S got a basic burger and M got the special. Everything was tasty. We wandered around the area and got a little lost, but we got back to the hotel around 8pm.
    Read more