Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    London

    March 10, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 45 °F

    Eggs & Bacon for our breakfast today. First stop was Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. Probably the busiest most claustrophobic place in London. We were all jammed up against the gate and so many rude people were shoving and pushing for an hour or so. Would definitely not do that again. There also wasn't much I could see as I was behind a small group of people so I watched the entire ceremony on the person's iPhone as he was recording it.

    Afterwards we walked to Hard Rock for Myron's souvenir shot glasses. Then we had a picnic lunch in Hyde Park. Kind of a gloomy day but at least it didn't rain.

    We took the tube to Westminster Abbey and arrived with no time to spare to get the Verger Tour with Cath. This was definitely a highlight of the whole trip and so worth the extra money to get the Verger Tour. We got to see George Peabody's grave/memorial and many other famous people who are buried there. The tour also allowed us into the choir and some other areas that were not open to other tourists. We spent just under 2hr there, well worth a visit.

    Tube to Hamley's toy store. Bought toys for Baby P and Baby K. We didn't have much time but we had fun looking around. Soon after we went to Claridges for afternoon tea. Reservation was at 5:30p. We felt al little underdressed (M in khakis and black polo and S in a grey knee length dress and black tights). The food and service were impeccable and we felt very special. They even brought out a congratulations plate of cakes at the end. A great meal but very expensive.

    Back to apartment by 9pm.
    Read more