Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    Lots and Lots of Things To Do

    July 1, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    On Saturday we decided to go to the Waterslide, Archway and caves. At reception they said to do the waterslide first then the archway and then the caves except we did it in the opposite order so we do the water slide at the hottest part of the day.
    When we got to the caves, the first one we had to crawl to get into. When we got in there there were lots of dragon flies and bats, there was also a dead bat. I shined the torch on the bats and then suddenly I felt something sort of soft sort of hard thing hit my neck. When I looked around the bat was gone.
    That evening there was a fire works display because it was Territory Day and there was a big fire as well.
    On Sunday we didn't do much we did a bit of school and then spent the rest of the day in the hot spring.
    On Monday we packed up and drove to Rosie River fishing camp which is on Lorella Springs property. It was very bumpy on the road in so I couldn't do much but I survived. When we got in we saw some people camping on the river so we got out and had a little chat with them and they said that nearly every time they casted they caught a queen fish. So we got a rod out and had a cast except we caught absolutely nothing!
    Because there weren't any spots where we were we drove a little bit further up the river and found some free camp spots. We backed in, took the boat off and set up the camper trailer. After we set up we quickly went and set up a couple more rods and had a cast, this time with the advice of using a popper. We caught a few queenies.
    The next day we did some fishing in the morning then went to the barramundi pools for a little fish for some Barra. On the way Erin and I went and stood in a spot that we thought nobody had ever stood in because most people would just keep walking to the pools. Also I was a little bit bit behind Erin and dad and they were stopped. I wondered why so I asked and then I saw the big bull in the path. Suddenly the bull started running towards us so we quickly went behind a tree. And then it just stopped turned around and ran up the track and across the river.
    On Wednesday we took the boat out and caught one queeny each except Erin, then suddenly she got on. I thought it was a big one so I started videoing it. When she got it in the boat we realised that the hook was in deep so it took us a while to get out and by the time we got it out the fish was dead.
    We didn't have an esky and we weren't that close to our campsite so we threw it back into the water and it just floated there. A sea eagle and two whistling kites came and stood in two trees near it then some more sea eagles and some more kites came along except not one of them was very hungry so we gave up on trying to watch them take the fish and started off home (I mean to our campsite except we just call it home). We heard a splash and looked back and the sea eagles and the kites were fighting over the fish.
    When we got home we did some more fishing and I caught a big queen fish except we didn't have anything to measure it with so we measured it from the bottom of my foot and it went all the way to my waist.
    That afternoon we went to Brolga Billabong and had a swim (this time we didn't have any clothes on) which we found very refreshing after doing all that fishing and hanging around the saltwater.
    On Thursday we packed up from Rosie's and went to Alaska Pool. Rhett (the owner of Lorella Springs told us Alaska Pool would be covered in a carpet of green slime except when we got there it only had a little bit of green slime but otherwise it was fabulous.
    Then we kept on driving to Secret Fishing Spot. At Secret Fishing we saw that it didn't have much shade so we decided to drive back until we got to a little riverside camp where it was easier to put the boat in rather than the actual camping spot. We needed the car to winch the boat out and also to drive to the beach.
    We went to get the jockey wheel down we realised that we had hit something which made the jockey wheel bend.
    On Friday we got up and made damper and fire fried eggs except my damper took ages to cook. We then put the boat in and dad and I went out in it for about an hour and didn't really have that much luck so we came back in and had lunch and played a game. Then we went out again, this time we did some bait fishing and we realised rather than casting out, you just dropped it in the shallows and watched it and when it disappeared you had either lost your bait or a fish had got it. But either way you would still wind the line in.
    Read more