Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Red centre way continued and finished

    June 24, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    On Saturday we got up and drove to a place called Ormiston Gorge and we went swimming there and the water was breath taking cold then we drove to the ochre pits and they were lots of different colours.
    After that we drove to Serpentine Gorge and there's a big lookout there which was amazing. So we decided to walk into the gorge which we thought wold have a lot of stinky dead fish in it. Except when we got there we couldn't smell a single dead fish and it was beautiful there.
    That night we stayed at Hugh River and we had a party there celebrating the end of the Red Centre Way. We had the last of our pure Tasmanian lamb which tasted awesome (as usual). We had music (the Bluetooth speaker went flat) and a fire. Pretty much the party was what you call fabulous.
    The next day (Sunday) we got up and drove to Simpsons Gap to see some rock wallabies. Some of them were having a boxing match and two of them were chasing each other around on the rocks. I really enjoyed it. When we had finished watching there show we drove back to Alice Springs to do some washing have a shower and do the shopping.
    We stayed there 2 nights and then set off for a place that's like Devils Marbles except different in many ways.
    Firstly its a lot smaller, secondly it has a different name (The Pebbles) and the similarity is that they look the same although The Pebbles is smaller. So we stayed there the night.
    On Wednesday we set off for Little River which was very little and I made a really big card tower. We also learnt how to play 500.
    The next day (Thursday) we got up ready to hit the road or should I say the very long and bumpy driveway of Lorella Springs. When we arrived we realised we had to cross a hot spring every time we wanted to get in and out of our campsite.
    For the rest of the day we just relaxed in the springs and then paddled up to the source of all the hot water. We had a swim up there and it was reasonably hot.
    On Friday we got up early to go to Nudie Hot Springs (you don't actually go in without any clothes on, it's just the name) for a quick swim (it wasn't very quick).
    We decided to walk up to the place where the hot water comes out and goes down into Nudie Hot Springs. We thought the water would be 50 degrees because a man told us it would be. When we got there it wasn't 50 degrees but it was still pretty hot. We walked up a little bit further and when we got to the top we could see all around us except for the bit where there was a tree in the way. We went back to the springs for a little swim and then went back to the homestead.
    Read more