Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Nusa Lembongan Day 2

    January 4, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌧 30 °C

    Had planned to go to a yoga class this morning but woke up with a bit of an upset stomach so I went back to sleep. It got a bit better but wasn’t great all day- though managed to power through. They call it ‘Bali Belly...!’

    We had planned to hire bikes (bicycles not mopeds!) from a woman down the road and explore the island, so we wandered down there about 11.30 in the end and got two pink bikes (50k each for the day, so less than £3). They weren’t in great condition but what can you do for that price!

    We cycled up to the top of the island and stopped off for a drink- it was a bit cloudy by this point which was nice, but as we got back on our bikes frans flip flop broke. We decided to go back to the hotel which was on the way to the south anyway and as we approached it started hammering it down with rain. So we ran into the hotel and dried off over lunch!

    We set off again towards the bridge linking Nusa Lembongan with Nusa Ceningan. We took the long route because it avoided the massive hill! Took us past the more rural parts of the island and then to the bridge which is a very narrow bridge - only enough space to pass two bikes - slightly hairy! This took about 45 minutes on rickety Nike’s so we were quite tired by this point and stopped for a quick drink. The dark clouds were appearing by now so we didn’t stop too long and headed back. We made it most of the way back but got caught in a pretty heavy downpour!

    Once we got home we packed up and showered before heading to the beach for a meal at Ginger and Jamu- lovely place though the beach was very very windy!
    Read more