Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Nusa Lembongan -> Uluwatu

    January 5, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    Another early start for the 8.30 boat back to the mainland and our transfer to Uluwatu. All went smoothly although the sea was pretty rough for a bit, but we made it safe and sound. Transfer was included so we were at our hotel by 11.

    Uluwatu is in the Bukit peninsula at the bottom of Bali and has a lot of cliffs over looking the sea with small coves with little beaches. Our hotel, Dreamsea is basically built into the cliff so we had to walk down a lot of step steps with our luggage (easier for me with a backpack than for Fran with her case..!) but the views are amazing. We didn’t had much choice when we booked it so we have a fan room which is a little warm but it’s fine. The walls are bamboo too so you can literally hear into the next rooms but it’s ok as the sound of waves crashing underneath you basically drowns that out!

    We couldn’t check in until 2 so we had a quick swim in the sea before heading up to the main road for some lunch.

    After checking in we headed to Single Fins which is a sunset spot. Had a swim in their pool and then some drinks and food whilst watching the sunset.

    Home not too late as we booked a surf lesson for 8 tomorrow 😬😬
    Read more