Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Tete Batu Day 1

    January 14, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Woke up at 4.30 this morning to the sound of the call to prayer...! The sound carries down the valley very strongly- luckily I managed to go back to sleep! Had breakfast about 9 and sat about chatting for a while, a couple of people who were staying were supposed to leave today but the driver was busy so they had to stay another night!

    A girl called Charlotte turned up about 11 and then the 4 of us decided to walk into the town a bit- Mario the black dog decided to come with us which was interesting as all the other dogs barked a lot at him, and the locals were pretty scared..! Most of the dogs are mongrel types but Mario is a big black dog kind of like a Labrador. We stopped at a little Warung for lunch and played with the girl there for a bit- very cute. It’s not very touristy here so everyone is just friendly and not trying to sell you stuff.

    After lunch we got back and Anah (Sam who runs the camps little sister) was there. She’s 11 and comes to the camp every day after school- she finishes school at 12 and acts as a guide for the camp! She likes to practice her English and she’s a smart girl!

    She took us to the waterfall nearby, we had to walk through the rice terraces and it starting pouring with rain on the way. But was really nice and we had a swim when we got there. There were some local boys there climbing and jumping off the top which was pretty cute.

    We walked back and showered (cold shower sadly!) and then saw a bit of a sunset. We had dinner all together and went to bed quite early. 😴
    Read more