Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 69

    Koh Tao day 2

    March 1, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Up so early 😴 met at the shop at 6am and straight out on the boat. Had the deep dive and wreck- the deep was a little tricky as the visibility was awful and the current got strong as we got down to 22m so we couldn’t go any further- we wanted to go to 30...!

    Never mind though the wreck was amazing! It’s an old US warship that the Thai government bought after WW2 and used until 2007 when the decommissioned it and sunk it just offshore in 2011 for diving! The front of the wreck is at 30m so we had another chance to get that deep and we did it! 30.0 exactly! Swam around it which was super cool and saw some big groupers and snappers and then gradually came back up. For the first time actually came within 8 mins of the decompression stop time but it was all good and we came up fine!

    Back to the shop about 11 and spent a couple of hours going through the final knowledge reviews, paperwork, having lunch and just generally chatting with Chris and the other staff. Then I was all done (no written test or anything for this one 🙌) so headed back to the hostel to chill for the afternoon by the pool.

    Went back to the dive shop later in the afternoon to have a couple of beers with the guys there, had a delicious pizza later and fell into bed very tired after a good day!
    Read more