Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Last day with Milton and his wife

    April 19, 2022 in Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Breakfast like a local 😋
    Covid Test
    As always in every country... barber ✂️😁
    Mittagessen in der CrossFit Box Fire Centery
    Last WOD
    Abendessen mit Milton und seiner Frau
    Überteuerte Drinks in einer "richtig nicen" Rooftopbar. 🔥😅
    Versbschiedung

    Milton:

    Kicked off the last day of Singapore early by making my way to Toastbox for a traditional breakfast commonly enjoyed by the locals.

    It is a breakfast set which consist of two slices of toast spread with butter and Kaya (Coconut jam),
    served alongside with a cup of Kopi (Coffee w/ Condensed Milk) and soft boiled eggs.

    Fast forward to lunch, Milton ordered take away to lunch in the box.
    It was a pleasant surprise!
    Lunch was a packet of Roasted Duck & Char Siew (Roasted Pork) Rice from the famous 88 Hongkong Roast Meat Specialist.
    It was so sinful, so unhealthy but... sooo good!

    After a delicious lunch, it was time to take a rest to do some work before training!
    Final training here in Singapore & Fire City, it was Shoulders Tuesday.
    Following Matt Fraser's HWPO Programme, we worked on Strict Presses & Push Presses today and finished off with a sweaty METCON.
    Weather was pretty erratic, a moment it was scorching hot and the next minute it was raining cats & dogs. Praying hard that it would stopped by evening,
    because we will be heading to a rooftop bar for drinks and hang out.

    Took a quick shower and off to dinner at this popular Chinese restaurant called Ding Tai Fung.
    It serves yummy Chinese delicacies which would be hard to find in Europe.
    We had Xiao Long Bao (Small Chinese Steamed Bun w/ Pork), Dou Miao (Pea Sprout vegetable), Har Cheong Gai (Shrimp Paste Chicken) and Fried Rice w/ Pork Chop!

    Took a little stroll after dinner to the surprised rooftop bar, we passed by the historical & beautiful Supreme Court which has now become the National Art Gallery.
    Eventually we reached another historical building at the Fullerton Bay Hotel, previously it was called "Clifford Pier" where ferries and boats used to dock.
    From there, we took the lift to the rooftop to the bar, "Lantern" where we had drinks and rewarded with a amazing view of Marina Bay from a different angle.

    Excellent Weather + Best Company + Amazing View + Heartwarming Conversations = PERFECTO!

    Lastly before the night was coming to an end, had to surprise my super active & energetic friend here with a gift he could remember Singapore.
    It was 3 pair of SundayShades! 1 for Moreno, 1 for Vanessa and 1 for...Thuri haha

    Hopefully these shades can be useful for you adrenaline & hyperactive people! You will definitely looked super cool in them! (:
    Read more