Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Statue of liberty, Battery Park, Soho

    April 10, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Exhausted... 🤣 but on we go... bit of a dampener losing Cades laundry but nevermind. Just ignoring his complaining about having no clothes now muhahahaha... promised him we could go shopping.
    We jumped on M3 bus straight down 5th avenue to the tip of Manhatten to use the Go City app for Statue of liberty.
    The guided tour details said only on Saturdays.. ugh
    Checked out the circle line cruises etc and they didn't start till "spring" which apparently starts on the 15th April. It was the 10th today.. ugh
    There were other cruises to do but not from where we had just travelled to.. Battery Park.
    It was colder than cold outside, grey skies and the wind was howling.
    Exhausted, cold and fed up so today was not going so well.
    We left battery park and got into a yellow cab (our first one) and asked to go to the 9/11 memorial. It was very close and only $7 on the meter. We dived into a posh shopping centre (Brookfield place) to work out what to do.
    Cade needed clothes but I wasn't buying them here.. only Versace and Louis Vuitton 🤣
    Across the road was the 9/11 memorial museum and Observatory but we were all museumed out so we wandered across to the Westfield World shopping centre.
    It was brand new and underneath the whole of the world trade centres.
    We bought some stuff from Under Armour and H&M and then surfaced to ground level right in the centre and stopped for a "New York Slice" pretty damn fine pizza.
    Cade found a couple of shops he wanted to go to so we jumped a bus to Soho.
    Soho has every designer name you could possibly wish for and designers we had never heard of.
    The shops he wanted to go to were Supreme and Bape 😳😱 if he thinks I'm buying him a $500 hoodie he's got another thing coming lol
    A small cushion in Bape was $170.. bonkers.. and I'm happy with a $7 long sleeve from H&M. I have never queued to get into a clothes shop with a doorman in my 46 years but I guess there's a first time for everything!
    We were meeting Clarence for dinner and a movie so we left Soho by bus to go the Theatre district. We had dinner in a classic New York style diner and I had an open beef sandwich, mash and green beans. Cade had a good burger.
    We went to see Batman at AMC cinema where Cade had a popcorn experience. Giving a teenager a butter machine and a salt pot was not a good idea. The top half of his bucket of popcorn was inedible 🤣 it is a bit crazy as there is no way to mix it in as hey overfill the bucket 🤷‍♀️
    Read more