Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Abla - Huéneja 20.6km

    September 27, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We left Abla as the sun was rising. We knew we had a long day ahead.

    Initially, we were hoping to walk from Abla to La Huertezuela, but the only accommodation in La Huertezuela, Cuevas El Descanso was booked out. The owner told us that if we were struggling by the time we arrived in La Huertezuela, he would drive us to Huéneja. We also had the option to take a taxi from Abla to Fiñana. Having had a good day yesterday, we decided to walk the 20km.

    The walk was nice, a mix of sealed country roads (tarmac), unsealed (gravel) roads, rambla between Abla and Fiñana.

    Fiñana sits on top of a hill, so to get our sello at the Ayuntamiento, we had to earn it.

    Between Fiñana and La Huertezuela, we thought the road would never end. The views, however, we're very beautiful.

    In La Huertezuela we found a shaded spot for lunch next to the polideportivo. We could hear a fitness class for the elderly in the building.

    Between La Huertezuela and Huéneja, walking up the riverbed of río Izfalada was at times a bit challenging.

    When we met Nely in Almería, and she looked at our plan, she suggested we stay at Casa Violeta in Huéneja, instead of the municipal albergue. Casa Violeta is interestingly decorated, and comfortable.

    After resting, we went into town, and walked around. While having dinner we watched men playing dominos.
    Read more