Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Day 22: Antequera to Cartaojal

    May 26, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Day 22, from Antequera to Cartaojal, 14.6km because we went a little further than Cartaojal.
    A superb sunrise over the Peña de los Enamorados greets us this morning. As we leave the centre of Antequera, we pass the church of Santiago Apóstol.
    The way out of Antequera is on small roads, which would normally be quiet, but which commuters take to shorten their journey to work. They're in a hurry this morning!
    We look back at El Torcal, the Sierra de las Chimeneas and Antequera.
    Around the seventh kilometre, we pass an autovía. And another a little further on, because we're very close to a junction.
    From here, we follow a pleasant country lane, along fields of barley and olive groves.
    Cartaojal comes into view, and we arrive in front of the Ayuntamiento.
    In Cartaojal, there is no accommodation in the village. Able pilgrims therefore continue on to Villanueva de Algaidas. A little over a kilometre outside the village, however, there is a casa rural. We're spending the night at Cortijo Carrillo.
    Tomorrow, rain is forecasted. That's good for the farmers. Perhaps not so good for our shoes, as tomorrow's stage passes through olive groves...
    Read more