Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 39

    Day 28: Doña Mencía to Baena

    1. kesäkuuta 2023, Espanja ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Day 28, Doña Mencía to Baena, 10.5km.
    The day began with an uphill climb out of town on bitumen. It's our morning cardio session!
    At the top, the bitumen gives way to a gravel road through olive groves.
    Soon we can see the smoke from the Baena oil production plant. Even without arrows, you wouldn't get lost on the way to Baena.
    On a hillside to our right, we can make out Zuheros, nestled against its mountain.
    Just before reaching Baena, a milestone reminds us that Santiago de Compostela is still a long way off.
    The approach to Baena on the Mozárabe from Málaga is much nicer than the one from Alcaudete. Firstly, you don't pass near any ugly industrial buildings, and secondly, the view is of the castle and of the old town.
    As we had a short stage today, we had plenty of time to wander around the town, revisiting familiar corners.
    In a shop window, we are reminded of what made Baena so rich.
    And now we're back on the main stretch of the Camino Mozárabe. Our experience on the Mozárabe from Málaga was a memorable one, with some magnificent stages.
    Lue lisää