Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Day 31, Córdoba to Cerro Muriano

    June 6, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Day 31, from Córdoba to Cerro Muriano, 19.7km, including a detour to the Sanctuary of the Virgen de Linares.
    Any exit from a city can have its drawbacks. However, the exit from Córdoba, as far as the modern suburbs, reveals many beautiful sights.
    Once we reach the outskirts of the city, after crossing a Roman bridge, the Camino takes small paths that run parallel to roads with heavy morning traffic.
    The Camino does not pass through the Sanctuary of the Virgen de Linares, but we make the detour to take a break there. The attendant opens the doors for us: we're pilgrims, so he won't wait until 10am, the official time.
    From here on, the Camino offers us rocky, stony, shady paths, a continuous climb, admittedly, but with magnificent views.
    We pass over a stretch of Roman road, a via pecuaria, and sections of abandoned railway line.
    On arrival at Cerro Muriano, we'll eat our almuerzo at the Casa Bruno bar, and then stay at the Equis bar. The owner, Juan José Obrero, is a great source of local information. He advises us to visit the ruins of the copper smelter and the Piedra Horadada. On our return, he tells us the history of the region. And explains the next stages.
    It was a beautiful day.
    Read more