Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Day 32: Cerro Muriano to Villaharta

    June 7, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Day 32, Cerro Muriano to Villaharta, 21.6km.
    A rainy stage, but a pleasant one nonetheless. Leaving Cerro Muriano, we pass the military base of the Regimiento de Infantería Mecanizada "Córdoba" Número 10. Photos not permitted.
    This stage follows almost entirely the N-432, or its alternative, the N-432A. The good thing is that it's on paths or tracks, which are a little wet today, or on old stretches of the road. We passed under the carretera, followed the tracks of the disused railway line.
    We took a break at El Vacar, where the place was teeming with soldiers on manoeuvres. I wanted to take a photo of the road sign, but a group of them photobombed my photo.
    There isn't much of a climb on this stage, but before reaching Villaharta, there was a nice descent. Juan José from the Equis bar had warned us that there are no restaurants in the centre of Villaharta. There is a bar, but it's closed today. So 3.5km before arriving, we ate our almuerzo at the Santa Elisa restaurant. Interesting concept: if you eat à la carte, you're served in the restaurant with a pretty tablecloth on the table, if you want the menu del día, it's in the comedor, and it's self-service for the dishes, no table service.
    The sun did come out this afternoon, though, and we had a magnificent sunset.
    Read more