Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 121

    Snails, Biking and Christmas Eve

    December 29, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Yesterday we took a 2 hour train from Hanoi to Ninh Binh, Vietnam.
    When we got to Ninh Binh we took a taxi to our homestay. After putting our backpacks into our room, we decided to look for lunch. We biked to a restaurant that served authentic vietnamese food. The people sitting next to us at the restaurant had a yummy looking salad and chicken. We tried to ask them what they were eating, but they didn’t speak a lot of english. The lady kept on telling us “chicken.” All at once, food arrived at our table even though we hadn’t ordered anything. A huge bowl of snail arrived! I did not eat them, but my parents and sister did and quite enjoyed them or at least thought that they were pretty good. After the snails arrived, a plate of chicken arrived. We only had a few pieces because we just ate a big pot of snails so we asked for the rest of the chicken to go. When my mom was boxing up the chicken, she found the chicken head in with the rest of the chicken. After that, we biked back to our homestay and had a relaxing afternoon reading. In the evening we had western pizza at our homestay. It was really good!

    Today, we took our bikes and went on a gravel road. At the end of the road, we discovered a pen of pigs - they were very cute. We then rode about 10 km to explore all the while trying to find a grocery store. We were not able too, so biked back home again. We biked 22 km. There were many pretty mountains and hills along the way. We came across small ponds that had huge ducks and lily pads with beautiful pink flowers. We also biked along small towns with just a small groups of houses as well as banana trees. The bananas were still green so we couldn’t eat them. For lunch we went to a restaurant called the Mona Lisa and in the afternoon we relaxed and did some homeschooling. I think Ninh Binh is really pretty, with lots of farms and hills.
    Neve
    _ _ _

    Aujourd'hui on est aller a une rue. La rue avait beaucoup de petit magasins qui avait des decoration de Noel, des petit costume du père Noël et des bois sur des bandeau. Il y avait aussi des ballons de père Noël et des chose comme ça. Après qu'on est aller sur set rue on est aller a un cathedral pour ecouter des chanson de Noel. Il y avait des danseuse avec des vraiment beau vêtement. Qui ont dansé au music. Il y avait aussi des personne qui chante an Vietnamese. J'avais beaucoup de plaisir fair sesi.
    Read more