Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 123

    Happy New Year!!

    December 31, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 20 °C

    Happy New Year! To celebrate the last day of 2019, we started our day with a run. We ran past cows that were just sitting on the road and goats that were running around. Then, we took some bikes and biked 2km to the Mua Caves. We walked on a wooden walkway that went across a pretty shallow lake. There were fields beside the lake with lots of goats running through them.

    The Mua Caves aren’t really caves. There are some caves at the bottom, but they are mostly filled with water. We walked up around 500 steps to go up to a viewpoint. It was really windy and foggy, but I think the fog made the view better. Then we walked down 250 steps and went up 300 more. At the top, there’s a big stone dragon. We got a bunch of pictures of us around it and then went back down.

    We spent most of the afternoon at home reading. We did go to a place called Rosa’s and got some smoothies. Rosa’s had some board games, so we played some of those.

    In the evening, the owners of our homestay invited all the guests to a big dinner to celebrate New Years. It was us, three other guests, the host and his family and his sister with her husband. For dinner, we got to make our own summer rolls. They’re like spring rolls, but they use rice paper instead and they’re not fried. There were plates of meat, egg, vegetables and noodles to make our summer rolls. They were so good!

    After that, they served us tea and watermelon at another table.

    There were fireworks in Ninh Binh, but we didn’t go to them. We stayed in our room and me and Neve watched a movie while our parents read.

    Sophie

    Pour célébrer le Nouvelle An, la famille qui est propriétaire de notre appartement a invité tous les personnes à un souper ensemble. Il y avait seulement notre famille, 3 autres personnes, la famille et la soeur du propriétaire. On a fait des wraps de riz vietnamien. Il y avait des plateaux avec du viande, du oeuf, des nouilles et du concombre. On pouvait prendre un papier de riz, mettre la nourriture qu’on voulait et l’enrouler.

    Après le souper, on a allé à un autre table pour du thé et du melon d’eau.

    Il y avait des feux d’artifices, mais on a rester dans notre appartement. Moi et Neve on regarder un filme et mes parents ont lu.
    Read more