Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    I have 2 macbooks

    July 13, 2016 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Day 2 in Portugal & we absoutely are in love. We went to city center & we werent sure what exactly we wanted to do. We went into the tourist office & got a package deal for an hour boat cruise to see 5 bridges in Porto, a tour of a wine cave with 2 wine tastings & entrance to a museum where we also had a wine tasting.

    First up, we took a boat tour of the Duoro River that connects to the Atlantic Ocean and separates Gaia from Porto City. The river is famous for its 5 huge bridges crossing it built by 5 architects. Honestly the tour was just relaxing and we got to see a complete view of the city! There were these men on the boat who sat near us from Manchester... Let's just say I know they are all doctors and they make a lot of money. Because they kept saying it. To each other. I'm pretty sure my eyes rolled out of my head and Breanna's weren't far behind.

    We got off the boat to walk from Porto side to Giuia side for our wine tour. The only open spot in English was at 3 o'clock. Soooo we opted for the french tour. We had some extra time so we went to a cafe on the river, did some pre-wine tasting & ate a Pastel De Nata.

    During our tour at Calem, I actually learnt so much about wine making & how the different types of porto are different colors (ruby, tawny, rosé & white). The wine was so good that bre & I might have left with the glasses.

    After the tour we went to the museum, where we read & learned nothing except how to drink more wine. We were in and out in 5 minutes.

    We walked up -- yes UP is an understatement. We hiked up to Taylor's wine cave so I could get a picture.

    We continued to walk UP to go to a mall. It was so worth it. We ended up getting starbucks & hanging out there for a bit. We made friends with the barista who promised to help us find a house if we move here or give us a place to stay if we visit. We exchanged information & we went on our way.

    We walked back to Porto side to find some night life... All we found were some Americans, so we low key followed them to see where they were going.

    Once they saw that we were following them we decided to give up.
    So we sat at an outdoor TERASSE and had a pitcher of sangria to end the night.

    We grabbed the train home & got to bed.
    Read more