Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 112

    Whanganui Island

    16 Mart, Yeni Zelanda ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    After a relaxing morning, Vela cracked the whip on Nathan to go and catch a fish. So Starling headed out into the channel and attempted to catch a fish. The only bit of action we had was when the line suddenly took off, but after about 30 seconds of fight the line went slack. Best theory is we had a shark on the other end that chewed through the line.

    We decided to move over to the mussel farms, but when we went to drop the anchor it wouldn't go down. This led to 30 minutes of dismantling the anchor winch and panicked problem solving, before Nathan found it was a simple little ratchet that must have jostled loose and engaged. Good thing it was an easy fix!

    By now we had to give up the fishing as it was time to collect Momo and William. After a successful pick up from the end of the wharf, we headed out of the harbour and to the northern side of Whanganui Island. Along the way there was a Titanic reenactment (not the sinking part) and we caught a fat kahawai for dinner.

    We stopped and Vela made a delicious hot pot with the kahawai, not too spicy though, to cater for William. We then had an amazing sunset over the distant Waiheke Island to enjoy. We went downstairs to settle in for the night (settlers of Catan that is) when it suddenly got very bouncy with a chop pushing right into where we were anchored. After 20 minutes we voted to find a better spot so we motored 15 minutes in the dark to a different bay. It was well worth the move and we enjoyed a peaceful sleep after finishing our game of Catan.
    Okumaya devam et