Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Saturday at Awaawaroa Bay

    March 23 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We woke to a soggy Saturday morning. The forecast rain had appeared, but it didn't bother us too much. Nate's on board cafe was open for business, and soon everybody had their coffee order in hand and pancakes were served.

    With it being wet already, the only logical thing to do was to get in the water. So Nathan, Jamie and Mike all changed and went for a dip. Afterwards it was time to sample the first hazy of the day while Cass prepared a grazing board for lunch. It wasn't long after that when the second hazy came out to say hello.

    A couple of games of Catan were had downstairs (which Mike won both of) and the weather cleared upstairs. There was a bit of fishing going on, with a couple of nice pan sized snapper being caught. Cass caught the fish of the day with a big fat red Gurnard, which had a couple of nice big rowe inside. And Jamie caught a baby shark just to mix things up.

    For dinner we had Gurnard a la Vela, snapper a la Nathan, and potato wedges a la Cass. The final hazy of the day was cracked and then movie night downstairs. Before bed, the whole bay had gone completely glassy and we had a great view of a few stars, a nice relaxing way to end the day.
    Read more