衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日120

    Return to Auckland

    3月24日, ニュージーランド ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Today was the big one. Yes we briefly popped back into Auckland on Friday, but today we headed in and berthed Starling back in her home where she'll be staying for the winter.

    We started the morning with a bit of fishing, adding a couple of snapper to the haul to take home. Mike and Cass sorted breakfast with a cruisers take on chicken waffles (nugget pancakes). We then hauled up the anchor and headed for Auckland.

    On the way, we popped the final back of the trip, a delicious marshmallow flavoured beer. We also saw a few work ups on the surface, so we threw the kahawai lure in and ended up with three nice fat fish. We stopped on the eastern side of Motuihe, where we turned one of the kahawai into some sashimi and cooked up some burgers for lunch. We went for our final swim off the back of the boat, and mucked around making a silly video for a bit of a laugh.

    A few last clouds of the trip, a motor sailing race against an old America's cup yacht and a trimaran, and then we were safely back in Westhaven. We quickly tucked Starling into her berth and then said goodbye to her. A little bit emotional, she had taken us all the way around the north island of NZ and kept us safe. It was a bit like saying goodbye to a cherished friend.

    Now our sailing adventure for the year is completed, it's time to set our sights on things to come as we take off on our international travels!
    もっと詳しく