Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Senso-Ji Temple

    April 4 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    After lunch, we hopped back on the Subway (Nathan now has a metro card to match Vela's on her phone) and we made our way over to Senso-Ji Temple. The crowds had started to fill in at Ueno Park when we left, but here it was very full on. We made our way through the crowd, past the many sweet stalls of the market, towards the temple, enjoying more Sakura on the way.

    As we arrived, we had to make sure to get our fortunes told. Vela's fortune read:

    THE HIGHEST, EXCELLENT FORTUNE
    You should keep a public and right way without selfishness adapting all correct means. Never mind misunderstand and blame of others if you have done your best to them even if result doesn't come out well.
    Just like the pine tree and camellia are always green, never change your mind keeping true sincerity. Then you can get abundant fortune and happiness in coming future.

    While Nathan's was a little different:
    BAD FORTUNE LACK
    Although you do your best and sincerity to others, it's useless just like burning incense to the sky.
    Even if it may be a small loyalty, a good deed prevents causing damage. You will spend a long, hard time working on many useless things.

    Well that didn't quite go to plan... Fortunately there is an "out" if you get a bad fortune, you just need to tie it to a nearby rack and any bad fortune is left behind (Nathan did trip on the rack after tying his bad fortune, so hopefully that was the worst of it...)

    We then entered the temple and enjoyed the shrine, charms, incense and painted ceilings.
    Read more