Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Maetaeng Elephant Park & Clinic

    December 10, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    My father picked us up at our AirBnB at 8am. He brought me half of a huge jackfruit that had grown in his garden. It was incredibly tasty and very juicy.

    Today we went to an elephant camp. Don't worry, here the animals are neither chained nor are they treated badly 😊

    At the beginning we visited a 27 year old elephant lady with her 1.5 year old baby 😍
    One of the staff members told us about the history of elephants, how smart elephants are and what they can be taught - for example, how to draw.
    Afterwards, we made our own "food supplements", tapped on a root until it could be used as "soap" and prepared food for the elephants. We continued to the big grey giants 🐘😍. They were very trusting and affectionate. First they were given food and the "medicine". As soon as the buckets were empty, we went on to the river where we washed the elephants. We used the root as a sponge. As soon as the root came into contact with water and we started scrubbing, it foamed like soap.
    One of the elephants was really very trusting. She kept snuggling up to me and didn't leave my side😊

    Finally, we were served a really delicious lunch 🤤

    In the evening we went to Chiang Mai to the night market. It was really huge! As it was not easy to get into town (a lot of traffic), we parked a bit outside and took a tuktuk to the market. There was really everything here...
    Read more