Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2 in Vilnius

    June 2, 2018 in Lithuania ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    Had a late sleep in after a late night arrival and had breakfast in the hotel at 11am. Caught the no 88 bus to Vilnius old town, then with the help of google maps found the Realhouse B and B. We hoped to leave our bags with them but our accommodation was ready so they gave us the key straight away. The studio flat is great. Bathroom, kitchenette, dining table, microwave, Fridge/freezer etc, very comfortable bed and lots of storage. Tea, Coffee, sugar etc supplied. Much better than a hotel than a hotel. Delighted! Went out to explore and found the market we had seen from the bus. At the market, bought some local breads and cheeses ( one with fennel seeds was especially tasty), fruit and a strange cake that looks like a mountainous landscape. Thought about eating our lunch in a local park, but rather too many aggressive looking pigeons, so added wine and water to our purchases popped back to our accommodation to enjoy the feast.
    After lunch and then went exploring. Went to see the KGB Museum but it had closed early today and closed tomorrow as it is Father’s Day here on the 3rd. Looked at the university building and the palace and walked by the river and stopped for a drink on the way back to the accommodation. Quick shower and change and out to a local Mexican restaurant! Portions were huge. Walked to the main tourist area afterwards and it was like being in London although £bizarrely quite a lot of people were speaking English, even though it wasn’t their first language. Great day.
    Read more