Satellite
  • Day 6

    Service at St Pauls

    August 29, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Fantastic day today. I started at the Museum of London. Unsurprisingly it gives a great history of London. I spent an hour there going from pre Romans up to the Victorians before going just up the road to St Paul's.

    I attended the Sung Eucharist service and it was one of the highlights of my trip so far. It was certainly a different style of worship to what I am used to. The Cathedral is magnificent, very different to Westminster Abbey. As I was there for a service I didn't take any photos inside.

    The place is large that the voices of the Deacon and Canon echoed throughout the Cathedral as they spoke.
    The majority of the service was sung by the choir, the usual choir is on holiday so it was a visiting choir we heard.
    We were handed an order of service as we entered so I could follow along.
    You'll be please to know that I didn't repeat the faux pas of years ago when instead of offering the greeting of "peace be with you" I was telling people "pleased to meet you"
    Communion was held at the end of the service. I could not bring myself to drink from the communion cup, instead I dipped my wafer in. I know that the cup probably held less germs that what I picked up during the rest of my travels today but I still couldn't do it.

    After the service I returned to the museum to follow London up to the present day.
    I then went to Harrods, more about that later and finished the day sitting in Hyde Park watching the world go by. I didn't see much of the park but what I did see was lovely.
    Photos:
    St Pauls
    St Pauls
    1st car in London?
    1920s dresses
    Hyde Park
    Read more