Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Bye y'all

    July 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Y'all ...that's NY for "hey you" .. Time to head back home after an incredible bucket list trip!

    But not without paying homage to Central Park, going past Los Tacos in Soho for lunch and checking out the "Friends" apartment and Carrie Bradshaw's apartment (Sex and the City) in Greenwich village.

    So here's a few things I learnt along the way on this trip.

    *In my next next life, I want to come back as a dog in NY. OMG, they love their dogs and look after them soooo well. I mean, when the NY weather report comes on, they even have a dog walking forecast!

    * This city is made up of hard working, diverse immigrants, not Americans. All of them have at least 3 jobs to make a living here. This is where true connection lies, so make an effort to get to really know them. That's where the real magic lies.

    *800 languages and 9 million people here. One in 8 people in NY is a dollar millionaire. This City is frigging expensive, like properly!
    Come prepared 🤑

    *Don't even think of not Tipping...and please learn the different scales of tipping. The Waiter is different from the Bellhop which is different from the Cocktail bar tender etc

    *You will walk a LOT, so don't bring Heels! The only time you see Heels is at the theatre or ballet....and then you need to be collected and dropped off at the venue. The culture for women is flats and it's totally ok.

    * You can wear anything.... like anything goes, seriously!

    *They don't get a SA accent. Try speaking with a British accent or imitate a US accent. 🤣

    *Whatever your experience, whether you love Americans or hate them, this city will absolutely crawl under your skin and find itself a little place of refuge there for life.

    Sitting on a plane, heading back home.
    No place like home.... and yet, there's this little, indescribable pull that beckons.... "Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do..... these streets will make you feel brand new,big lights will inspire you, now you're in NY..."
    Read more