Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Guided Walking Tour of Santiago & A Nap

    March 14, 2019 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    After being shown to our room and introduced to the amenities by hotel staff named Francisco (who knew Oregon as "The Pacific Northwest with lots of trees and mountains") we had some time to shower and change clothes before meeting our tour guide Juan Pablo for the scheduled walking tour.

    We got ready a little ahead of schedule and had some time before JP was scheduled to meet us. Trevor and I had two different approaches to utilizing this time. Trevor lounged in a comfy chair. I was afraid to sit down for fear of falling asleep.

    Luckily after a short while into the walk JP suggested coffee. Trevor had tea, I had a cappuccino, and JP ordered a slice of dulce de leche cake for us to share. JP explained Chilean history regarding some of the sights we would see later. We went through a church, fish market, "stripcenter" (apparently this is what they call a strip mall-- we had a good laugh because it wasn't until recently JP had some British tour guests who explained what the term could be mistaken for in other countries), Plaza de Armas, La Moneda Offices.

    The tour wrapped up and JP took us on the subway back to the hotel.

    We promptly napped for an hour and a half (making sure we're still tired so we sleep tonight!) and cracked open some sodas from the mini bar (Trevor broke his soda streak!)

    Relaxing until the hotel restaurant opens for dinner at 730. To celebrate being back in Chile, I had to drink a Pisco Sour. Dinner was very delicious and we ended with a beautiful dessert.
    Read more