Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Second Day in London

    July 12, 2022 in England ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Today was our walking day. The plan was just to head down to the heart of westminster and walk. When you get off the subway and exit the station you are greeted by the Elizabeth Tower. Amazing!!! What a way to start a day with a bang. And from there, just walking around you see iconic site after iconic site. Right around the corner is the Westminster church. Then you walk across to the south Bank and see the London eye. And as you walk down that south bank you see St. Paul's Cathedral and the millennium bridge. It talks quite awhile to get all the way down to the tower of london and tower Bridge. But the walk is worth it. I actually didn't take a lot of photos today. Jen took more. But I found myself continually pinching myself to make sure that I was really here and seeing all these things we have seen in movies all my life. It is pretty surreal.

    The only thing we actually booked to do is the tower of london. We took in the free presentations by the beafeaters, went into the white tower and the bloody tower, saw the torture room, and eventually got to see the crown jewels. A very full day.

    After all the walking and the tour, we were pretty much done. It really is amazing how much the heat takes out of you. The whole day was around +30. We still ended with 18,702 steps though. So we found some food to eat outside the tower, sat along the bank of the river to eat it, and then we headed back to our place where we did laundry and tried to cool down for sleep.

    We will let the kids sleep in a bit tomorrow but there is still so much to see. Can't wait to get back at it. Till then.
    Read more