Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    London... Day 3

    July 13, 2022 in England ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    So, I am posting about a day behind. I will try and catch up.

    Today we wanted to hit a few fun/ novelty type spots. First up, the Sherlock Holmes museum. So we hopped on a double decker bus and headed over. The bus was a nice change from the subway and it uses the same travel card. So super easy.

    The museum was really well done. Very interesting guides and stories. It was nice to see what a period home would have been like. And... it was just super cool being at 221B Baker Street.

    Afterwards we walked around and took in the 7 Dials neighborhood. We went to an indoor market and everyone got to choose what they felt like eating for a change. Then we were off to the Charles Dickens museum. It is the home where he actually lived for the first few years of his marriage and where he penned Oliver Twist. Also really well done and full of things he actually owned and used instead of just period replicas. Seeing the desk he used to write at was cool and hearing the stories about his process was fascinating.

    Afterwards we decided to head over and do a Notting Hill tour. Jen and I love the Notting Hill movie so it was cool to see where they shot some of the scenes. We had some yummy treats at a French place and then we headed home for the night.

    We ended the day just over 21,000 steps so it was another long walking day but the kids are still into it so that is great. Until tomorrow...
    Read more