Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Hervey Bay

    July 7, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Thursday: The council cleaner arrived at 6.30am to clean the toilets, and then emptied the bins - we packed up and went into town for a cup of coffee, and also to pay $10 to the Tourist Information Office. It is a lovely camp, and it feels good to support the town. Frankie and I also went for an early morning walk through the towns park, and passed a vets, Next thing, a vet came out. they had seen us passing, and she asked if Frankie was a Brittany. I confirmed that she was right, and she was delighted, as her colleague thought that he was a bitsa. No matter where we go, Frankie draws people to us.
    We headed off to Hervey Bay. Most of the Caravans parks were full, but we got a spot in one a little bit out of the town - for $41.50. The Caravan Park we had stayed at previously was charging $84 for a slab site. Our main reason for going back to Hervey Bay was to catch up with Marion and Ron, who were so good to us on our last visit. Our site in Tasmin Tourist Park, was grassy and large - but difficult to get into and right in front of the pool during school holidays. However the sun was shining and the legs came out!!
    We went to the bowls club and found that Ron and Marion were away - possibly overseas. A long walk along the shorefront found the lovely fish and chip place we had enjoyed the last time here We repeated the experience and had Red Emperor and chips for dinner. The experience remained a great one.
    Read more