Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Brake Lights

    July 22, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    We were up and out! Stopping by the mechanics place by 9.30, to be met by an empty house - well, some people were around, but he wasn't there.
    Ian phoned him and said he would be back shortly. "Just sit back and chill in the van"'. Two other caravans were also waiting. He arrived back with his ute carrying a large roll of hay for his horse.
    He had a look at the lights, and said that he didn't think it was an electrical issue - but more that the bulb elements in the lights were done. Because these were considered older lights, he was pretty certain no one in Mount Isa would have them. So we were stuck for the minute with duff lights. We headed off for Camooweal Billabong. It was very pleasant, and very busy! Cars and caravans lined the edge of the Billabong. We parked on the opposite side of the road, and had a good level site all to ourselves, plus a good view of the water from the kitchen window. A couple of locals drove past selling firewood for $20. We didn't have enough cash, and besides the evening was mild. One guy opposite started playing his guitar and singing. He was a good guitar player, but sang as flat as a tack!
    Read more