Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Free Camp along the Barkly Highway NT

    July 22, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    We left Coomoweal, and joined a queue for Diesel...just unlucky in that everyone arrived at the petrol station at the same time. Today we were heading into the Northern Territory. To our great surprise, the roads were great! No bumps or holes...just fresh black tarmac, white lines, and deep red dirt. I love it!. The roads were straight, with little traffic., although what traffic there was, was mostly caravans. I behave like a lunatic every time we pass by a NewAge caravan. It makes me smile, and sometimes the passengers return the gestures. Today we are going to another 24hr stop along the Barkley highway. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere! However, there were sufficient caravans there to make everyone feel safe. And there he was again, the singing guitar player. He sang all night, around the campfire of a group who had combined their wood and made a great fire.. Pity about the singing!
    The sunsets we get everynight are just incredable, I have to force myself to stop photographing them as another fanastic sky shows its glory.
    There is a stray dog here at this camp. Apparently there used to be two...but now just one is here. She appears to be a very friendly dog...surviving by scrounging food of the free campers. Dear love her.
    Read more