Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Heading for the SA border

    July 27, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Getting out of bed was hard this morning! It was so cold...-1 degree overnight!
    Yes we are heading away from any heat.
    Today we are aiming for the SA/WA border, which is also a 24hr rest area. We left Alice just after 10am and we drove until 3pm. One other 4WD lorry was parked, and we parked behind them...with plenty of room between. The driver and his wife were french, and from Hervey Bay. They were worried about Quarantine laws in SA. ?No fruit, ?No veg. His wife seemed to be cooking up a storm, as I had been. I had cooked roast veggies,and slow cooked ragu then vaccumn sealed them. Enough for 3 dinners at least. A very satisfying experience all round.
    As it turned out, there were no inspections, and we could have brought in anything we wanted...strange!
    Now that we are over the border I am itching to get home, as much for the dogs sake as anything else. Driving all day is tiring, and Ian still has his cold - now with a dry cough.
    Frankie is great in the car, and just lies across the back seat. I dont think he really sleeps, just rests. He is not getting much exercise though. Still, he settles around 6.30, and sleeps all night. We gave him one of the bones we bought from this great butcher in Richmond, which I had divided up and vacumne sealed! Next thing we saw a little mouse eating Frankies bone too. There is a mouse plague here at the moment, and we heard from some other campers who had arrived that several mice were seen running around the toilets....Thankfully, I didn't see them.
    Read more