Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Space and Soccer

    June 17, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    Today I woke up and went with Hannah to the brewery early to open up for a fitness group. We waited until another staff member came and we went to get a coffee from a local spot. It was really good. Then we headed off the NASA!! It was about a 30 minute drive and immediately you knew you'd arrived as there was planes outside the entrance to the car park. We went in and jumped on a tram to go visit the Saturn 5 rocket which was used in the Apollo missions. We learnt heaps about how everything works and what the missions were used to uncover. We headed back to the main centre saw the new Space X rocket and played with some robots then grabbed some lunch. Then we looked around the exhibitions, there is heaps of information on the next planned mission Artemis and stuff about mars exploration. We watched a short film about the last Apollo mission to the moon, then looked at the aircraft which carried some of the shuttles. It was an incredibly hot and draining day outside too. Last we took a tram to the astronaut training facility, driving past other buildings used for preparation, research and training. It was interesting to see inside and all the different set ups they have to use. Everything feels very secretive. Finally we hit the gift shop and called it a day.
    We then came home for a bit before chucking the bikes in the car and heading to the brewery. We jumped on bikes and rode to the Houston Dash game. The Dash are the professional female soccer team and the atmosphere was very fun! The game was intense with the Dash having a player getting a red card mid way through the first half. The game ended up being a 0-0 draw but the Dash had some opportunities to win.
    We rode back to the brewery which was closed after a slow night and headed back after a busy day. Word of the day was "juicy" as we were constantly sweating.
    Read more