Satellite
  • Day 93

    Liveaboard Galapagos - Wolf & Darwin

    August 6, 2021 in Ecuador ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    We’re back!
    We spent the last 8 days on the Humboldt Explorer. A little Cruise ship for diving cruises at Galapagos.
    We found very spontaneously a last minute deal for this trip. After a sleepless night full of discussions we finally decided to do it. With the daily dive trips your not able to go to the world famous dive spots at Wolf & Darwin Island far in the Northwest of the Archipel.

    What we experienced in this week is simply not explainable. We never were closer in touch with the wild nature and it’s unbelievable how much life you find in this we’ll secured marine reserve.
    We had 18 dives and we’re lucky to see hundred of hammerhead, Galapagos and silky sharks. We also dove with big schools of Dolphins& sea lions.
    An absolute Highlight was the encounter with 4 whale sharks during our dives at Darwin. This breathtaking moment when you face this 15m long creature for the first time!!
    Additionally we were super lucky to spot an orca and schools of pilot whales.

    It’s not possible to discribe this incredible week, which was worth every cent. A experience we’ll never forget in our lives.
    Read more