Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Manly Beach + the Rocks + the Climb

    June 30, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 59 °F

    Today was another great day in Sydney! We enjoyed a slow start with bagels and muffins at our AirBnB. Dad was feeling better this morning so we all headed out to our first stop of the day: Manly Beach. To get to Manly beach we headed to Circular Quay to catch the fast ferry to Manly Beach. We made it on the 10:00am ferry and were off! We enjoyed seats right in the bow of the boat and had great views the whole way! The wind was a bit chilly we but we survived.

    Once we arrived, we walked down the corso (the main street) and arrived at beautiful Manly Beach! Wow it was stunning! Beautiful blue water and soft sand. We enjoyed exploring the sand and rocks before following a walkway down to Shelly Beach. Afterwards we walked back towards the main street and enjoyed lunch at a cafe along the way. We picked up some delicious massive cookies and jumped on the 1:30 ferry back to Circular Quay!

    Next up we did a self guided (really Maddy guided) walking tour of the Rocks! Maddy lead us to 11 different places. The majority were historical with roots leading back to the founding of Sydney. Then it was time to split up. Emily and Maddy headed to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Mom and Dad went to try and scout it out, and walk part of the bridge.

    Mom and Dad enjoyed the museum learning about the building of the bridge, and walked part way along it. Then they headed back to the AirBnB to wait for Emily and Maddy to be finished. Emily and Maddy had a wonderful time climbing the bridge! The sights and views were incredible.

    They were given jumpsuits, harnesses, coats, headlamps, and were ready to go! They began the climb over a catwalk, and then climbed 4-5 very steep ladders and were on top of the bridge! From there it was small steps up to the summit. At the summit the whole group sang Happy Birthday to Emily as it is still her birthday week! They stopped for beautiful pictures and views along the way. The city of Sydney is gorgeous! They began the descent and continued to enjoy the wonderful views. They made it down with no problems, and then met Mom and Dad for dinner. We enjoyed some pasta for dinner and are relaxing going to bed soon.
    Read more