Satellite
  • Day 2

    Shop & Rain

    August 7, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    Eva was still in bed asleep at 05:30...I don't know the youth of today just can't seem to get out of bed.

    After much coaxing I managed to get her to agree to meet me in the foyer at 09:00 and we headed off to...5th Avenue. The weather was like an October day with constant rain and drizzle.

    We invested, after some hard negotiation, in two umbrellas for $10...half price...a good start.

    This shopping thing is definitely Fiona's domain but I tried my best and after 30 minutes lost the will to live and sat down on a display whilst Eva continued to find the items she absolutely had to have. I received a couple of facetime calls off Fi who found it highly amusing.

    I think Eva must have been the only person to buy sunglasses on a rainy day at Sunglass Hut but that is what we did...

    Finally by 14:00 she was shopped out and we went for a much earned lunch to Gallaghers steak restaurant. If it's one thing with Eva that can be guaranteed it is that in any restaurant we go to she orders steak. Mind you, it always takes her half an hour to go through the menu, asking what everything is and what do you think...only to come back to steak...so lets narrow down the choice and go to a famous steak restaurant.

    There is a loop hole in the US regarding anybody being able have an alcoholic drink under 21 years of age. Apparently if you are under 18 and dining with a responsible adult then that adult can give you a drink. However if you are 18 or over then you can't. Which all seems a bit strange as young people can go to war and kill for their country but not have a beer. Oh well, we couldn't find a responsible adult so Eva drowned in water again.

    It was a very good choice and the food and service was superb...so I tipped a whole dollar and we moved on.

    By five we were back at the hotels and decided to have bit of a ziz to rendezvous a couple of hours later...oh well, the sleep was very nice and the rendezvous never happened as we slept through until the morning.
    Read more