Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Santorini

    September 25, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Early start with our ferry living at 7.20am. We managed to lock ourselves in the foyer of our apartment and had to call Stefano our landlord before 6am. Thankfully he answered and we were on our way. Next we ran into trouble as the ticket machine for the metro only accepted coins and needed to find somewhere to exchange a note for coins. Two cafes later we were on the train to Piraeus.

    We made it to Santorini by about 3pm. The ferry ride was llong and picturesque. We arrived at our hotel, checked in and sun baked by the pool. Our hotel is beautiful and our rooms has a balcony which over looks the sea.

    A few cocktails later and we headed into Thira for dinner. We found Da Corta, a seafood restaurant with a view. Unsurprisingly the food was delicious and fresh. We had a mixed seafood plate, with grilled octopus, fish, prawns and oysters. Service was brilliant and our waiter Andrios was lovely.

    Next stop was to check out the local night life. We start and end with Murphy's. It was very touristy with tacky decor and 80s music. However the people were friendly and the drinks were cold. It turned out to be a big night and I know my head is going to hurt tomorrow.
    Read more