Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Late nights

    September 29, 2017 in Greece ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    What can I say... Cocktails and gyros. Yum!

    Being conditioned to years of early starts... Our night started at about 7pm, turns out the night life here doesn't kick off until after 11pm. Regardless we found some bars that made for a great night regardless of the time.

    Our first stop was Cosi. A cute little bar with good easy listening music and a wide range of cocktails. The bar had outdoor seating and it was lovely to watch the people flock though the streets of Little Venice.

    Stop number two was Caprice down by the water front. The blue decor was a little lairy for me but the service was great. The bar staff were friendly and helpful. I particularly enjoyed there spicy cocktail which I can no longer remember the name of. We left just before 11 and already it was starting to get busy.

    Feeling a little famished, we sought some good old fashioned Greek sustenance, Gyros. We found a place called Sakis and ordered. I went chicken and Nic chose pork. The were delicious and provide us with some extra fuel.

    Next we hit the Scandinavian bar and disco (although we never found the disco part). Probably my least favourite bar of the night but it was one of the few places I have seen that served cider.

    It was now after midnight and the moody of the town had changed. There was a smokey haze and sexual tension hanging in the air. We hit Argo. It was a tiny nook filled with people. The music was 90s RnB and the staff helpful. The vibe was electric, with the staff occasionally ringing the bell and the overhead lights flashing. Everyone somehow managed to find room to dance.

    Now hopefully we don't have too much of a handover tomorrow.
    Read more