Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Oopsie Daisy

    October 1, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    A slow start today had us getting to the port just after one. Our ferry was due to leave at 2.05pm. 2.05pm came and went. No ferry. It was running late. It finally arrived 40 minutes later. There are crowds hurrying like mad to get onto the gangway. The wind had died down and the sun was shining for the first time in days, we decide to wait for the crowds to thin. Mistake. Big mistake. The crowds are barely onto boat when the gangways begins to lift. We tried to get someone to stop them, but nope. Ropes are being untied and thrown back onto the boat. This boat is leaving and we aren't on it. There is no second chance.

    Thankfully we were able to get a ticket to Syros and then Paros but with the boat not arriving in Paros until 10.30pm it makes for a very long day of travel.

    To pass the time we found a nearby restaurant, Molaraki which serves the best zucchini fritters I have ever tasted. The sunset was also pretty spectacular, but I would of preferred to watch it in Paros.

    Fingers crossed we don't miss anymore ferries... I could use some sleep (preferably in my hotel bed).
    Read more