Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Cancun, mexico

    March 3, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    [short] Arrived in Cancún with mi hermano Jelle, mi amigo Tom Dijkema y amiga Daisy Rees. it was hot.

    [long] Took a cab to the AirBnb, where we got very friendly welcomed by Juan. The house looked pretty alright with a nice garden and chill area, but also some lovely red and yellow stains on the bed sheets :). probably piss and blood. welcome to cancun. although that didnt stopped our excitement so we went to the strip to get some food. BUT Cancun is sooooo big. did not expected that. the strip is like 10km of hotels on both sides of the road, the Kukulcan Boulevard, and we just walked in between. didnt found a restaurant so we stopped at a café and bought sandwiches. met some extravagent asperguess guy from Scotland. was fun. they say lot of hotels are owned by some drugbarons that profit from the tourists so, were safe. i guess. kind of.

    Next day i run, which was so far my first and last run in MExico (its the 19th of march right now), but hey, its my vacation hey. in the afternoon we went to the beach, beautifull blue water. catched some good waves body surfing #ShakaBra drank some 15euro's pina coladas. fking americans. problem with the government.

    went eating in a mexican toko. colorful chairs. mistaken the sauce. it was hot.
    saturday we went to the Hunter Bar, which is a bar of a hostel with some other hostels around it. tequila tequila tequila

    Overall. Cancún has a kind of weird vibe. another thing i noticed is that the people are very chilled, but they drive like wilds.
    kind of a culture shock as well.
    Read more