Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    The Oliver’s have entered the trip!

    June 26, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Hey y’all! We’re excited to get to Italy and join Carrie and Dave on the Italian adventure! Apparently, that wasn’t so easy. We didn’t plan for thunderstorms all across the East Coast, and neither did the airlines. Our flight plan was Boston > Newark > Venice. We saw flight after flight get delayed or cancelled, saw our flight get delayed from 3:30 to 4 to 5 to 6 to 7 and more. Long story short (too late), after a lot of calls with the airline and a lot of waiting in line, we basically said what all New Yorkers say: “F&#%!@?! Newark, can you get us to Venice or at least somewhere close enough that we can catch a train?” So you know what’s better than Newark? Lisbon! An amazingly patient women at the airport found us a flight to Lisbon and a connection to Venice. We’ll miss half a day total, and possibly a suitcase; not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things. If anyone sees the larger blue bag kicking around Newark, let us know!

    So if anyone has a recommendation of how to spend 4 great hours in the Lisbon airport, we’re all ears! Otherwise, see you in Venice!
    Read more