Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 173

    Ngorangoro Crater

    21 de setembro de 2016, Tanzânia

    Safari Day 2
    We continued our drive through the Serengeti and our search for the Big Five. The term “Big Five” originally referred to the difficulty in hunting the lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and African buffalo. These five large African mammal species were known to be dangerous and it was considered a feat by trophy hunters to bring them home. The rhino was elusive, not many in the park, and we spent a long time waiting near a potential sighting spot. From there, we had a long bumping ride as we exited the Serengeti and headed to the Ngorongoro conservation Area.

    We stayed at Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge overlooking a the Ngorangoro Crater which was very reminisce to the Eagles Nest in Germany. It felt like a high-end rustic alpine hotel at the top of the crater. The balcony had binoculars stations looking down into the crater to watch the animals. The crater is a hotbed for animals. We had a buffet dinner at the lodge and stayed up late drinking whine with Chris and Joy. It was a really fun evening. To top it off, there were zebras outside our window as we went to bed.
    Leia mais