Satelliet
  • Dag 20

    Hop on/hop off bus day

    31 augustus 2017, Estland ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    This morning I headed to the Post Office in Old Town and posted off a box of riding gear and souvenirs back home. I was pleasantly surprised it didn't cost as much as I thought it might. It's less to carry around and cheaper than excess baggage.
    I then found the Hop on/ Hop off bus, the "blue line " route that goes out west Tallin. I hopped off at the Open air Museum which is a collection of farm houses and buildings from around Estonia over the centuries. It was very interesting and there were costumed people doing typical chores etc. I had lunch at the Inn there then 2 hours later hopped on the bus again until we got to the Seaplane Harbour museum. It had a submarine, coastal artillery, old and modern seaplane as well as an aquarium with Estonian fish with glass bowls that housed artifacts from a shipwreck. Very well done.
    I thought it was then time to head home, I'd had enough ofsightseeing so got on the blue line bus again. When it got to Viru Square where the circuit starts, it stopped for a while. I got off and had a look at the stalls then saw the bus was still there so got back on (a ticket lets you get on and off all day ), thinking I only had one more stop to get home. HOWEVER, there are 3 routes - the red line, the blue line and the green line, which I knew about. Unbeknowns to me, the drivers change "lines" each time they get back to base (Saves getting bored with the same hourly circuit I guess). So.... I was actually back on board the GREEN line, that goes out east. Another hour on the bus instead of 5 minutes!! Still, I was sitting down and got to see a bit more of Tallin. I really couldn't face any more hopping on and offs.
    I eventually got home (through a meandering route on foot through the Old Town...I'm such an impossible navigator!!), then had a relaxing time in the free for guests sauna and pool complex.
    I'm packed, paid up, taxi booked for a 4.15 AM start tomorrow to Copenhagen for the next adventure to Iceland
    Meer informatie