Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    HOHO bus to the Temple of Poseidon

    July 20, 2019 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We headed out around 9.20am to go find the Blue hop on hop off bus at cruise terminal A. We waited over an hour as the board said there should've been busses. I emailed the office and asked if they were running today. Their office was only over the road so an office girl actually came over and talked to us. She was new and didn't know why there weren't any.
    Part of the package we bought was a little train ride around Piraeus, the train driver said there was no cruise ship in today so the bus doesn't start until 11 am! No one told us or the other 10 people waiting.
    Anyhow, she was very helpful and apologetic and we got our train ride while waiting for the bus.
    Then we hopped on and hopped off for the rest of the day around Athens. Amazing place with ancient ruins (and some recent ruins too) and restored buildings amongst a modern city.
    For the rest of the day the Blue Bus team were great.
    At 5 pm, after a walk around in 33 degrees and a sit in a shady park, we got on their bus for a sunset tour of Athens Riviera (south coast) down to Cape Sounio to see the sunset through the Temple of Poseidon.
    It was very pretty, packed beaches and people enjoying summer.
    The Temple and ruins around it were spectacular and the sunset was gorgeous.
    Read more