Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 173

    Seville

    13. November 2018 in Spanien ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We stayed at the marina in Gelves, a short and easy bus ride into the city. The marina was very peaceful.
    We enjoyed looking around the city, walking extensively around the sights and along the river.
    The cathedral is massive and sits next to a royal palace - people in queues seeking to get in to them both.
    We visited the Plaza de Toros (bull ring), where we took the guided tour - the ring is still used between April and October and regularly sells out its 12000 seats. Thankfully we did not witness a bull fight in action!!!! Fail to see how anyone could call it entertainment.
    In the evening we joined a guided walking tour to learn about Flamenco which was very interesting.The city is the home of Flamenco along with Jerez and Cadiz. Miguel our guide also told us of some authentic bars and restaurants in Seville. We visited Casa Morales the following day - an ancient bar with tapas - the food was inexpensive, generously portioned and extremely tasty - everything we hoped for.
    The major buildings in the city are quite magnificent especially the Palacio de Espana which is set within a large park. Absolutely stunning. We were exhausted upon returning to Hazel, after 2 days of walking. But so pleased we visited this most beautiful city.
    Weiterlesen